Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Running errands!

I am glad I was carrying a camera today because not only was it a beautiful day, I also saw some interesting sights. These guys were singing with gusto!
You know the song, 'Chestnuts roasting on an open fire'...well, this is the European way of doing it! The smell of the roasting chestnuts is wonderful! You have to try them more than once to acquire a taste for them. This guy's booth is on wheels and he rolls in here everyday from about October to the end of February. He has a BBQ like thing that he cooks the chestnuts in. 'Heisse Maroni/Marroni'(he has it spelled both ways on his booth) means 'hot chestnuts' and that is the best way to eat them. By the way, I do not recommend trying to roast these on your own. Leave it to these guys...they know what they are doing!

Lots of food booths open today because of the nice weather.

Tulips have arrived! Yeah! I love them! Maybe spring will arrive soon as well!

As I was downloading the above pictures, I looked outside and saw this wonderful sunset...looked much prettier in real!

No comments: