Saturday, September 26, 2009

A message from Chiara!

Hi everyone! I have had a busy Saturday AM at Oma and Opa's house. I am pretty tired so I am taking a nap right now...but I think my dreams will include some of the fun things I did this morning. First, I got dressed and ate a good breakfast with Opa. Then we went outside and cleaned the street (you have to do that here in Germany on Saturdays!) First we did in front of Opa's house and also cleaned for the lady across the street. (Her husband passed away yesterday so she is feeling very sad. Opa thought this would be one way to make her feel a little better!) We worked hard as you can see. It sure looked a lot better when we were done.


Look at the big bucket full of dirt we got!
Next I worked in the backyard with Oma. She was taking care of the flowers. She let me help her. That was pretty fun, but I didn't understand why we left some flowers on the plant.


After we finished the flowers I was roaming around and found something I wasn't sure I could play with. I looked at Oma and did my jibber-jabber and she seemed to understand what I was saying (she is getting better at understanding me although I do not know what the problem is because I always know what I am talking about) anyway, she said it was OK.

Since it was so nice out, playing in the water seemed a pretty good idea. The hole in the watering can wasn't very big, but I did manage to get pretty wet.

Did you know when your hands are wet and you clap them together, it sprays water everywhere. I got myself in the face!
I thought it was so funny! I told Opa all about it and he laughed too!
So as you can see...I am having a great time. We are having such nice weather. I can be outside every day. What could be better than that? I guess that is all for now. I am looking forward to more adventures here. I sure am having fun! Wish you could be here too!

PS I guess I should tell you that Mommy and Daddy left me with Opa and Oma while they went to London (wherever that is!) I am doing fine without them. Oma said they would be back in 4 big sleeps (the night-time ones) That is not very long, is it?

1 comment:

Diane Smid said...

What a precious post Doris. The pictures are so sweet. What a treasure for you to have this time with Miss Chiara.