Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I think Pigeons think they are the 'bird of Europe'. They are frequently found in the town squares picking up whatever tidbits they can find. Often they take off flying and barely miss your head in their take-off! I have had to duck more than once and I know a few friends who been ooped on!
Anyway,I do NOT like pigeons but today I had to do my first ever photo of one...let me explain. I was in this coffee shop/bakery when in strutted this bird. He walked right up to the counter and began to scarf down crumbs from the floor as fast as he could. (I think he had been there before because he knew where to go!) Anyway, the owner spotted him and began shouting at him (naughty words!!) and he(the bird) bee-lined for the automatic door which (lucky for the bird) opened as someone was coming in. (It's not a good photo as it was hard to take. He was in a hurry!)

No comments: